WebLinks is discontinued. We haven't had the time to keep up with all the Firefox updates, and with a pending new version of Firefox in November 2017, all older addins like this will be broken. Rather than continue to host a file that sort of worked and would soon be broken completely, we decided to disable the link and just end it. The spirit of WebLinks lives on in an alpha-test version of a web app that runs entirely in a browser (any browser), and if we get enough free time to finish developing that it may see an official release some day. Until then, we're sorry to any fans who were using this, but Mozilla just updates their browser and breaks plugins far too often for anyone to keep up with.
WebLinks is a Firefox add-on that gives the user a bookmark list that has visual clues when they haven't visited a particular link in a while. Links start out with a slightly blueish background, which then changes to green, yellow, and finally red. Each link displays quite clearly the last time the user followed it.
- Color coded link backgrounds to visually indicate the last time the user visited
- Integrated context menus for adding groups, adding links, sorting, and other features
- Choose Ages - you set the age before your links start changing colors
- Choose Colors - choose from 7 colors for each link age... so if you'd prefer Blue, then Purple, then Pink, go for it!
- Easily import your existing Firefox bookmarks
- Drag and drop support - drag links from your desktop, from the navigator pane, even drag links from one WebLinks group to another
The following changes have been made since the initial release of WebLinks for Mozilla Firefox:
Version 1.1.1 (December 7, 2012)* Updated addin to work in Firefox 14+ * Fixed issue with file security in Firefox 17
Version 1.0.2 (October 4, 2010)* Updated about screen to make it look more like our other about screens
Version 1.0.1 (March 10, 2010)* Updated configuration files to allow 3-digit day fields, so now you can set up color coding on ages up to 999 days